We talk and act against gender based violence (2015)
NGO Women for Regional Development implemeted a project “We Speak and Act against Gender-based Violence”. Project aimed to raise awareness about gender, discrimination and violence in the Guria region of Georgia, also to support to dismantle gender-based stereotypes, which prevail in the region.
Planned project activities included:
- Training “gender-based violence”;
- Mobilization of participants in the communities, selection of gender-officers;
- Printing of brochures for the information campaign;
- Organization of discussions on different topics, that relate to gender;
- Record oral histories with local girls and women.
A collection of oral stories "Silence will not protect you" was published in the frameworks of the project.
Project duration: January-November 2015.