Call for project proposals for cooperation with the Heinrich Boell Foundation South Caucasus Regional Office in 2017
* The proposals will be accepted for 2017 program period.
Heinrich Boell Foundation South Caucasus Regional Office will consider the initiatives of grant seeker organizations, initiative groups or individuals from Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia who respond to the following goals of the Foundation:
- An open inclusive political culture provides space for public participation, which gives input into the green trend of the socio-economic transformation in the South Caucasus.
- Gender equality and gender diversity issues are accepted and a broad and informed discussion takes place in public and in political circles in the South Caucasus.
- Political elites and civil actors in the South Caucasus work together on pragmatic steps for conflict prevention and conflict transformation.
Heinrich Boell Foundation South Caucasus Regional Office supports following activities:
- Civic participation for sustainable urban development, Climate change mitigation and sustainable energy systems;
- Gender democracy;
- Memory policies and rethinking the Soviet Past;
- Supporting the dialogue in the South Caucasus for peace and development.
Within the framework of the topic “Civic participation for sustainable urban development; Climate change mitigation and sustainable energy systems”, the Foundation will give the priority to the proposals which promote and encourage civil activities and/or political education in the following directions:
- Promoting green approaches and participative model for the city;
- Humanitarian and social aspects of urban development;
- Protection of cultural and natural heritage;
- Enhancing awareness about sustainable urban planning; Diversification of energy policy (renewable energy, energy efficiency, environmentally friendly energy products and seeking alternative energy sources).
The Foundation will give priority to the proposals within the topic of “Gender Democracy” that promote and encourage civil actions and/or political education in the following directions:
- Supporting transformation of social norms impeding men’s and women’s equal participation and representation.
- Supporting the reflection and establishment of gender equality on the agenda of democratic policy.
- Supporting participation and political representation of women with different social and cultural backgrounds.
The Foundation will give priority to the proposals on the topic of “Memory policies and rethinking the Soviet Past” which promote and encourage civil actions and/or political education in the following directions:
- Initiatives aimed at collecting, representing and discussing “forbidden” and forgotten memories of the Soviet past;
- Research and educational activities promoting critical thinking and reflection on today’s understanding of the Soviet Past
The Foundation will give priority to the proposals on the topic of “Supporting the dialogue in the South Caucasus for peace and development” which promote and encourage civil actions and/or political education in the following directions:
- Launching and broadening discussions on peace and cooperation engaging divided sides;
- Creating and supporting scientific, artistic and digital resources promoting information sharing and diminishing alienation between divided sides.
The Foundation welcomes bilateral and multilateral collaboration projects on abovementioned topics aimed at deepening cooperation between/among countries of the region!
Procedures and rules of application to the Foundation for its support:
- Project proposal (according to the Foundation application form – Project Application Form_Eng, Project Application Form_Geo, Project Application Form_Rus) should not exceed 12 pages (1 page = 1800 characters with spaces) and should be submitted in Georgian, English or Russian languages. It should reflect and cover the applicant’s (organization, initiative group, individual) experience, aims (not more than 1 page), the problem and the ways of project implementation (including detailed Budget calculations). The applicant organizations are also required to attach to the project proposal the short report describing their activities in the last three years (list of implemented projects, their short description and budgets with the indication of donors).
- It is necessary to indicate one of the thematic fields of the Call for Proposals on the title page of the project proposal, the title of the project/initiative, the projected budget and applicant’s full requisites:
- In the case of organization – its official name, legal status, registration number and the date of its foundation;
- In the case of the initiative group – the title page should contain the name of the “Initiative group”, the mission statement of the group and Group members’ CVs attached to the project proposal.
- In the case of an individual – the applicant’s personal data (name, date of birth, occupation, home and work address) and applicant’s CV attached to the project proposal.
Project proposal must be sent to the address firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, April 20, 2016, 17:00 indicating “Project Proposal for 2017” in the subject line.
- A short portfolio of the applicant’s profile must be attached to the project proposal including the date of founding of the organization, mission, activities, achievements, social representation (who the applicant represents and supports) and copies of statutes and charters showing information on founders and governing bodies of the applicant organization.
- Project proposal should justify the expediency of the project and reflect its social and political context, relevant data (statistics, research conclusions, etc.), desirable results and the impact of the project.
- The applicant should clearly state the project aims and easily measurable objectives.
- The working plan should cover the complete and clear information on the following: target group(s), activities and objectives to be implemented, schedule, human resources (description of the functions and certificates of qualifications of the project implementers).
If the project is implemented in cooperation with other organizations, it should indicate the necessity and the reason of such partnership, the previous experience of cooperation with the partner, the roles of each party of the project and the corresponding budget distribution between partners.
- Evaluation: Quantitative and qualitative methods of evaluating and measuring success, projected outcome and human resources ( the evaluator)
- The project budget must be calculated and presented in Euro-currency – max. Euro 20,000 (the budget of the current year of the applicant organization should be indicated in a separate column)
- Project should be implemented in 2017.
Applicants will be informed on results of the competition by August 5 (Friday), 2016
The Foundation gives the priority to the cooperation with organizations, initiative groups and individuals who share Green Political values.
The applicants must not be involved in any commercial activities.
The Foundation does not support or make any financial contribution to:
- Large purchases (property, infrastructure, technological equipment);
- Public institutions and programs;
- Current programs and activities supported by other donors.