CALL: Campaigns for Social and Political Transformations in Armenia and Georgia
The South Caucasus Regional Office of the Heinrich Boell Foundation announces a call for participation in the Green Academy-Fall 2016 Campaigns for Social and Political Transformations in Armenia and Georgia
December 9-11, 2016, Tbilisi, Georgia
Are you a socially active member of your community oriented on positive changes on the local level? Are you interested in the praxis of social movements? Would you like to know more about the intersection of performance art and activism? Are you curious about transformation of single issue campaigns to larger scale social and political movements? Do you want to get practical experience in planning and implementing small scale social and political campaigns?
Join the fall meeting of Green Academy
Campaigns for Social and Political Transformations in Armenia and Georgia.
and don`t miss the opportunity to:
- network with like-minded youth and professionals;
- share in the personal experience of veteran Turkish, Armenian and Georgian activists, artists and campaigners;
- plan your own campaign on the topic of gender equality, environmental and urban challenges, social inequality or inter-ethnic dialogue.
The Green Academy fall meeting will take place on December 9-11, 2016 in Tbilisi, Georgia at the South Caucasus Regional Office of the Heinrich Boell Foundation.
Key speakers and participants will include:
- Ümit Şahin, Green activist and scholar, Istanbul, Turkey;
- Zara Harutyunyan, Commune Social-Cultural Platform, Yerevan, Armenia
- Giorgi Maisuradze, Philosopher, Ilia State University, Tbilisi, Georgia;
- Artur Petrosyan, ArtLab Yerevan, Art-Attack activist, Yerevan, Armenia;
- Mareike Wenzel, Performance artist and activist, Germany.
Any citizen of Armenia and Georgia, born between 1981 and 1996, who is a student or holds a university degree, and permanently resides in the region, is eligible to apply. Excellent command of English and/or Russian is required.
- Applicants do not need to be currently affiliated with any institution.
- The deadline for applications is 12:00 am, November 14, 2016.
Application package should include the following documents:
- An application form (download)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
All documents must be submitted in English or Russian and e-mailed to email@example.com
Please note Green Academy-Fall 2016 in the subject line of your email.
Heinrich Boell Foundation South Caucasus Regional Office
38, Zovreti St., Tbilisi 0160, Georgia