Women’s Resource Center Armenia prepared feminist lecture series on initiative and financial support of Heinrich Boell Foundation. Interdisciplinary lectures were prepared and presented by lecturers, experts and activists of different background. Lectures were collected and printed as a publication by the end of the project.
Lectures were held in Yerevan in 2015-16 and were free to attend.
Topics and authors of 2015 series:
- September 17: Myths about “Dangers” of Feminism: the Perception of Feminism in Armenian Society (Anna Voskanyan, Social Work Expert);
- October 1: “Feminism on Hold: How Divergent Concepts and Economic Interests Created a Disabling Environment for the Emancipation of Armenian Women” (Nvard Manasyan, Education Expert);
- October 15: “Women’s movement in Armenia” (Anahit Harutyunyan, PhD in linguistics, author of the book “The Century of Distinguished Women”);
- October 29: “Women in Politics and Political Language/Texts in Armenia” (Ruzanna Tsaturyan, Ethnographer);
- November 5: "Ways of Being a Feminist: Angry or Glamorous Feminists, Feminist Killjoys, 'Feminazis" (Tamar Tskhadadze, Philosopher);
- November 12: “Women and Armenian Mass Media” (Anna Gevorgyan, Expert in Iranian Studies);
- November 26: “Women’s Art versus Feminist Art. Categories and Contradictions in Contemporary Art Practices of Armenia” (Susanna Gyulamiryan, Head of the Laboratory of Art and Cultural Studies).
Based on the above-mentioned lectures, 6 articles have been prepared, which were published in Armenian language. Besides that, articles were translated into English and uploaded to our web-site too:
1. Anna Voskanyan - Myths about "Dangers" of Feminism in Armenian Society;
3. Anahit Harutyunyan - Lessons of History: Public Activism of Armenian Women in 19th and early 20th Century;
4. Ruzanna Tsaturyan - Women in Politics and Political Texts in Armenia;
5. Anna Davtyan-Gevorgyan - Women and Mass Media;
6. Susanna Gyulamiryan - Women's Art versus Feminist Art: Categories and Contradictions in Practices of Armenian Art.