მწვანე აკადემიის შესახებ
The brief Green revival of social and political activism in early 1980-s throughout the South Caucasus had faded away due to deep economic and political crisis in 1990-s. Nowadays societies in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia not only overcome its missed opportunities for Green transformation but even lack awareness and understanding of its benefits.
The South Caucasus Regional Office of the Heinrich Boell Foundation observes social and political changes in the region for more than 10 years since 2003 and tries to find basis for development of the Green political discourse. Promising youth initiatives for defending public spaces in cities and addressing ecologic and human rights issues in industrial areas show very vibrant trend of gradually structuring Green platforms for civic activism. The South Caucasus Regional Office of the Heinrich Boell Foundation initiated its Green Academy program for assisting this very crucial and important beginning in social and political life in the region.
The Green Academy aims to:
- Facilitate deliberation of actual issues of politics, social life, economy and ecology in the South Caucasus in framework of the Green political values and ideas.
- Develop a regional platform for young activists, journalists, scientists and politicians for interaction and cooperation on issues related to sustainable development policies.
- Promote principles and values of sustainable and green politics in issues related to economic, social and political development of the South Caucasus societies (including gender democracy and dealing with the past issues).
- Stimulate public discussions on above mentioned principles and values.
- Establish a platform for elaboration of alternative policy visions and approaches based on sustainable development principles for solving actual social, economic and political issues in the South Caucasus.
- Empower local actors with knowledge-based policy approaches (via research and expertise development) and experience sharing through cooperation with international stakeholders.
Participants will be invited to reflect on and explore the connections between political concerns and the social transformation for better understanding of global Green transformation agenda. They will be invited to investigate how public and economic relationships in South Caucasus societies can be developed for ensuring sustainable development and ecological transition.